Wednesday, April 28, 2010

CT MARK

 C. Tielsch & Co.Q: I have a plate with this mark picturing an eagle above the letters "C.T." Who made it? Is it old?

A: This mark, used by C. Tielsch & Co., was registered in 1875 and was used until c.1935. The company was founded in Altwasser, Silesia, Germany (now Walbrzych, Poland) in 1845. Household and hotel porcelain were made. It became part of C.M. Hutschenreuther in 1932. Pieces marked "Tielsch" or with the initials "C.T." continued to be made until at least 1952, when the Altwasser factory was nationalized by Poland.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have threee dolls,that were my grandmotheres as a child. One is a porcelan head cloth doll.18" tall with victorian clothing. One is a black baby all bisque doll 5' long with moving arms and legs.It was her mothers. One is a toothpick tray of a black child holding a half watermelon. I believe it is chalk and very old. Where can I upload a picture for you to see or post? What reference books or web pages would you reccomend to educate myself further about these items. Thanks a lot,Mr. John Switzer

Anonymous said...

I have a wooden bench which has two brass plates on it, one is engraved C 1684 and the one right next to it is engraved 3006. We acquired it from a relative's attic and know nothing about it. Any information would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Unknown said...

oHow much was the plate worth?

Anonymous said...

While I appreciate your knowledge and generosity in giving the history of items such as this, I must admit that I believe including an estimated value (or saying the value cannot be estimated) with every item, would be both desirable and helpful.

But that is just my thought.

Anonymous said...

With regard to the April 28th post for the bench dated C 1684, I have not included a value because I have no idea. The brass plates are nailed to the bench. I am posting this to see if anyone could shed some light on this piece of furniture, or even point me in the right direction in finding out the value. Thank you.