Tuesday, May 5, 2009

FIB MARK

Burton and Burton
Q: My neighbor bought a cookie jar for me at a yard sale because she knows that I collect cookie jars. I haven't been able to find any information about the jar. This is the mark on the bottom. Can you tell me who made the jar and how old it is?


A: Your jar was made in China for Burton & Burton, a giftware company based in Bogart, Georgia. The company was originally called "Flowers, Inc. Balloons," which is why "fib" is part of the mark. Flowers, Inc. Balloons was founded by Maxine Burton in 1982 to supply balloons to florists. Burton & Burton was founded later as a giftwares division with products that included vases, baskets, containers, cookie jars, and other items. The two divisions merged in 2006 to form "burton + BURTON." Your jar is probably not more than 25 years old.

2 comments:

Donna Sertell said...

I bought a Santa pitcher and mug set in 1997, from a B'ham store that is no longer in business. The pitcher and mugs all are numbered. I want to find more info on them
Thanks
Donna S.

Donna Sertell said...

I just sent you a comment. As I read further, I realize it has 1995 one the bottom and "made in Thailand.
#654775. Just wanted to have more info.
Thank you.